Itemagically The Engine
A point-and-click adventure engine for Haxe and Heaps.io
Itemagically is a framework for writing old-school point-and-click video games for the Heaps.io game library based on the Haxe cross-platform language toolkit. It features a fairly powerful system of scripting and animation built right into a JSON-based adventure definition file so that even a complicated point-and-click adventure could be implemented with a minimum of code.
Rough but mostly working. We're still working on the tooling and getting things working smoothly to minimize the amount of complexity and overhead needed to make new games.
- Make accessable to non-programmers.
- Make building clean and cross-platform.
- Provide some tooling for building the data packages.
- Clean up and complete the adventure definition system, including cut scenes, cursor customization, menu system, etc.
- Provide an example game and documentation about the adventure definition file.
- Start Year
- Work In Progress
- Video Game Library
- Git Repository
- Itemagically on Aldercone Git